Overview: Yuchen Zhang Studio is seeking fashion students interested in wearable technology to be part of the Spring 2017 internship Program. Gain experience and insight in integrating technology into garments while working on cross-disciplinary projects.
About: Yuchen Zhang is an up and coming wearable technology designer who graduated from the Design and Technology program at Parsons in 2015. Having worked with clients such as MIT Open Style lab, Zac Posen, and Loomia, Yuchen’s work pushes the boundaries and reimagines the integration of technology in fashion for functional purposes. Her technologically-enhanced fashion pieces have been shown at events around the world including the Engadget Expand conference in 2014, the NYC Media Lab Annual Summit in 2014 and 2015, CeBit in Hannover, Germany, and in the print edition of MAKE magazine. Yuchen is recognized globally for her strong designs and passion for wearable technology.
- A full or part-time fashion student working towards a degree
- Will be able to work 10-15 hours a week.
- Sufficient draping, construction and pattern making skills
- Provide recommendations for materials and fabrics to use in the construction of the garment.
- Draping, creating patterns and construction for prototypes and garments.
- Digitize, adjust and organize pattern design.
- Access to the BFDA (Brooklyn fashion design accelerator) studio space.
- Gain experiences from technologist about incorporating technology with fashion.
- $50 travel stipend per month.
- Lunch provided when working on-site.
- Provide proof for school credits.